ASRock Z68 Extreme4 - The Board
Looking at the board, you can tell straight away that it's more "hardcore" looking than the Pro3 version due to the cooling setup and just overall layout along with some of the stand out extras.
Design wise, though, there's nothing too out of the ordinary when it comes to comparing the board to previous "Extreme" versions from the company. We've got the same kind of color layout and a lot of similar features. We'll cover all that in just a second, though.
On the expansion slot side of things we've got two PCI, two PCI-E 1x and three PCI-E 16x. The top two PCI-E ports when running just one card will run at 16x. If you fill both slots up they will be slowed down to 8x. If you want to throw a third card into the mix for CrossFireX, the third card will run at only 4x.
The move from 16x to 8x has never been all that major when it comes to the performance hit. Moving down to 4x, though, would be a bit tougher. If you're looking at a three way video card setup you'd probably be better off opting for the X58 chipset or hold out 'till the X79 comes out at the end of the year.
Above all this, we've got a 4-Pin Molex connector that ASRock recommend you use when running two cards that draw more than 200 Watts each. The perfect scenario would be setups like GTX 580 SLI, HD 6970 CrossFireX or HD 6990 CrossFireX.
Looking across the bottom, we've got from the very left; Front Panel Audio, COM1, Floppy, Infrared, 1394 FireWire, three USB 2.0 headers, USB 3.0 header (Light Blue) along with our chassis headers for power, speaker, LED etc.
Just above the headers you can also see we've got both a power and reset button which is something that will come in handy for people who are using the board outside of a case. Sitting just above the last USB 2.0 header we can also see our "Dr. Debug" which of course will come in handy if you run into any problems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Package]
- Page 3 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board]
- Page 4 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board Continued]
- Page 5 [ASrock Z68 Extreme4 - The Package]
- Page 6 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board]
- Page 7 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board Continued]
- Page 8 [The stand out Z68 features]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit