ASRock Z68 Pro3 - The Board Continued
As we start heading north on the board, we get to what we could consider the top right corner. Starting across the bottom, our main features here are the two fan headers and next to that our main 24 Pin power connector.
Above that we have four DDR3 RAM slots which support speeds of 1066 / 1333 / 1600 / 1866 / 2133 MHz DDR memory. The setup is Dual Channel like the P67 platform and the Z68 Pro3 can handle up to 32GB.
Moving across the top of the board, we see a heatsink and next to that we see our 8-Pin Power Connector and another fan header. Looking around the rest of the CPU socket, the area is pretty clean and for the most part you shouldn't run into any problem when it comes to coolers.
On the topic of coolers, the Pro3 supports C.C.O. or Combo Cooler Option. What this means is if you're moving from something like an LGA 775 or LGA 1156 platform and you have yourself a really good quality cooler, thanks to the extra holes that are present you can continue to make use of it.
Lastly, we have the I/O ports. On the left we have a PS/2 Keyboard port and above that two USB 2.0 ports. Due to the Z68 offering "Intel HD Graphics", we have DVI, VGA and HDMI present in the event you don't want to use your own video card. Continuing across, we've got two USB 3.0 ports (Blue) and two more USB 2.0 ports below the Gigabit network port controlled via the Realtek TRL8111E chip. Finally, we have our HD Audio Jacks that offer us up to 7.1 channel HD Audio via the Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Package]
- Page 3 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board]
- Page 4 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board Continued]
- Page 5 [ASrock Z68 Extreme4 - The Package]
- Page 6 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board]
- Page 7 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board Continued]
- Page 8 [The stand out Z68 features]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series