PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing
For a complete breakdown on the Drives with Data Testing please read this article. You will be able to perform this test at home with the files provided in the article - full instructions are included.
SSDs perform differently when used for a period of time and when data is already present on the drive. The purpose of the Drives with Data testing is to show how a drive performs in these 'dirty' states. SSDs also need time to recover, either with TRIM or onboard garbage collection methods.
Drives with Data Testing - 25%, 50%, 75% Full States and Dirty / Empty Test
Files needed for 60 (64GB), 120 (128GB), 240 (256GB)
60GB Fill - 15GB, 30GB, 45GB
120GB Fill - 30GB, 60GB, 90GB
240GB Fill - 60GB, 120GB, 160GB
Empty but Dirty - a test run just after the fill tests and shows if a drive needs time to recover or if performance is instantly restored.
If you've been following this new test over the last couple of weeks you'll see that it now has a new scoring format. Perfect results will have each group of numbers for a product staying equal all the way through. Poor results will have a sideways V shape. Really poor results will start out high and never recover.
The Corsair Performance 3 played a large role in the making of this test. The P3 is able to achieve nearly the same performance no matter how full the drive is and thus has a fairly flat performance graph vertically. Aside from the performance when the drive is full, the Performance 3 doesn't rely on TRIM as heavily as many other drives on the market.
Since RAID arrays are not able to receive TRIM commands it is important for a drive to clean itself at all times. The Performance 3 is the only drive we've tested to date that is able to take care of itself in this way. To put it simply, the Corsair Performance 3 is the best drive you can use for a RAID array today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena of Valor will debut to the Nintendo Switch September
- Here's the list of NVIDIA RTX-capable games
- FromSoftware reveal 15 minutes of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Boot Selection Always Shows up on Startup
- Z87 pro4 bios setting not sticking
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- JUST CAUSE 4 WORLD EXCLUSIVE TORNADO GAMEPLAY REVEAL
- CIRCLE Entertainment will publish platformer Button Button on Nintendo Switch
- 11-11: MEMORIES RETOLDSTORY TRAILER REVEALED
- Microids fills out its catalogue for the end of 2018!
- The Gardens Between Bends Time on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam Sept. 20