Specifications, Pricing and Availability
We've already written about the Corsair Performance 3 128GB drive and looked at its single drive performance. With that being the case, we are only going to briefly look over the specifications.
The Performance 3 is available in three capacity sizes; 64GB, 128GB and 256GB. Since the P3 uses a Marvell controller that has scaling performance based on capacity, the 128GB drive is rated lower than the 256GB drive. The 256GB model's performance is rated at 480MB/s read and 320MB/s write. In turn the 128GB is rated at 410MB/s read and 210MB/s write.
Those numbers are for single drive performance; today we are here to look at dual 128GB RAID performance. Over the years we've seen RAID arrays treat SSDs very well with nearly a doubling of performance and we've also seen very little performance increase from using two drives together. Since I already ran the tests, I can say that using two Performance 3 drives in RAID 0 works out pretty well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]