I'm very excited about the results we achieved today with the Corsair Performance 3 RAID 0 array. Corsair has been fairly quiet about this product, so quiet that we even had to go out and purchase these drives just to review them. Corsair does mention on the Performance 3's product page that it uses advanced features, they are not yelling it from the rooftops like I would be....well....am about to.
The Performance 3 has something we have yet to see from any other SSD in our labs, the ability to keep performance high no matter if you have access to TRIM or not. MAC users should take note, YOU DO NOT HAVE TRIM. RAID array enthusiasts should take note, YOU DO NOT HAVE TRIM. PS3 users, Windows Vista and XP users, old computers, new computers not running Windows 7, YOU DO NOT HAVE TRIM. If you do not have TRIM then you have an SSD that will start out fast, but over time the speed will fade. How fast that happens really depends on the amount of writes you use each day, but you are pretty much guaranteed to start losing speed on day one with any other SSD. The Corsair Performance 3 does not have this handicap.
To be honest, the single drive performance of the Corsair Performance 3 is already very good. It takes a special kind of enthusiast to ask for more than what the Performance 3 offers. Those raising their hands saying they are that guy will achieve very good results with two or more drives in RAID. The Performance 3 scales very well, something we don't always see with SSDs. The real standout though has to be the ability to keep performance over a very long period of time. To date nearly all SSD RAID users would need to break their array and run a secure erase program to take back performance lost. The Performance 3 breaks that mold and for the first time and we now have a drive ready to take on RAID with zero maintenance.
The current price for a 128GB Performance 3 is 319.99 USD at Newegg. Two 128GB drives will cost around 640 USD or about the same as a single 256GB drive. For desktop users with a modern SATA 6G enabled motherboard this is great news since you can achieve unobtainable levels of performance from a single drive with a pair in RAID. The difference is quite remarkable, but the cost is almost the same.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- Overwatch director hints at cross-platform opportunities
- Deadpool 2 fails to beat Deadpool's opening weekend revenue
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Buy 2 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 64GB $1,038
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit