On the previous page we covered our main components, so there's not much more to look at when it comes the overall test system. When it comes to comparing the system today, though, we'll simply be comparing it against itself when overclocked. The cooler we used is the Corsair A70 which I haven't used before, but has proven to be very good.
What we ended up doing was getting our CPU running at 4.8GHz, which is a really nice overclock. We also bumped our HD 6950 up. The core ended up at 900MHz which is 100MHz over stock and the memory up 200MHz QDR to 5200MHz QDR.
It will be interesting to see the kind of performance we get out of the Commander PC at stock, but even more interesting to see how it performs when our CPU is clocked at 4.8GHz.
Let's get started!
Replacing Everest in our labs is AIDA64. This new testing suite is from the core development team from Lavalys and continues that tradition. The guys have thrown in better support for multithreaded CPUs as well as full 64 bit support. We use this to test memory and HDDs for now, but may find ourselves opening this up to other areas of the motherboard.
When we overclock you can really see the extra performance that's on offer from a synthetic stand point on the CPU. It comes as no surprise to see the huge gain we're seeing here when we're clocked at 4.8GHz. It's indeed very impressive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [A Closer look at the Commander]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [AIDA64 - Continued]
- Page 5 [3DMark 11]
- Page 6 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Bizarre horror game Agony delayed
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit