I was disappointed on the 11.2 driver suite as it really brought a lot of issues to my testbed. While this one doesn't seem to bring any issues, it's just another crap driver, to put it bluntly.
To be completely honest, I expected it. For starters, every time we asked AMD about the 11.3s we got told about how fantastic the 11.4s were going to be. Secondly, the fact that it's come so last minute and offers no performance improvements in the release notes along with a very minor list of overall improvements tells us that AMD are only releasing this driver to keep up with the "New driver every month" thing they have going on.
Because of this, I'm really disappointed in AMD. They've chosen just to release a crap driver so they don't ruin any kind of streak. Instead they could've been concentrating more on the 11.4 drivers and making them even better again.
If you've missed the 11.2s, I would skip this one as well. If you're still on the 11.1s or earlier I would suggest you make the jump to the 11.4 beta preview that AMD has released. It's the best driver we've used in months and it should be fantastic by the time it hits WHQL stage. As for the official "WHQL" driver this month...yawn! Skip it!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AMD CPU hero Jim Keller leaving Tesla to join Intel
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- GeForce/Radeon GPUs shipments expected to drop by a huge 40%
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit