Are we Excited?
Absolutely! The fact that I haven't got the card yet means that I've really gone through the launch deck top to bottom multiple times. It's exciting to see what AMD is offering here, not just with the card itself, but the push for better support with gaming partners.
Really, without the gaming partners releasing games that can really make use of the power and features that are on offer from these cards, they're really pointless. It seems that AMD is really trying to make sure that we have a reason to upgrade to new higher end cards by helping developers implement new features.
Of course, the card looks like it's going to be an absolute beast, though, with the "Dual-BIOS" switch finally being used in the way we wanted it to along with just the huge amount of power that's going to be on offer from a card that only requires a single PCI-E slot.
We of course wish that our card arrived on time and we could give you all those yummy performance benchmarks, but the second it arrives some quick happy snaps will be taken and the card will be slid delicately into our machine for some benchmarking.
Of course, we'll then have a bunch of articles following in the coming weeks including "AUSUM" mode, our own overclocking, CrossFireX and CrossFireX overclocking.
For now, though, we hope you enjoyed an in depth look of everything else revolving around the HD 6990 and make sure you keep an eye out for the performance results when they go live here at TweakTown.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Features]
- Page 3 [Features Continued & Specifications]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM