Due to the fact that all three boards performed identically and that each were impressive in their own way, it was quite difficult to judge a winner for this roundup. However, we'll start by discussing the two Abit boards. The AT7-MAX2 is a great board for users that require an extensive feature-set as well as maximum overclocking potential. Similarly, the KD7-RAID is great for overclockers on a budget that don't require features such as serial ATA, Bluetooth or gigabit Ethernet. The only complaints we had with the two Abit boards was the lackluster software bundle and poor AC97 onboard audio.
If you're not planning on overclocking, the MSI KT4 Ultra is a very worthy product - being the most feature packed board in this roundup. However, its slightly lackluster overclocking results and non-existent software bundle puts it slightly behind the Abit boards.
Finally, the Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra is also a very worthy board, with an extensive software bundle and a decent amount of features. However, again, its poor overclocking results and lack of Firewire ports put it slightly behind the Abit boards.
Overall, each of the boards featured in this roundup have their own strengths and weaknesses. Some may lack features but make up for it in overclocking results and software bundle, or vice-versa. However, due to the fact that we feel overclocking is more important than software bundle or features such as onboard audio, we have decided to award the Abit AT7-MAX2 as the winner of this roundup.
Abit AT7-MAX2 - 9.5/10
Abit KD7-RAID - 9/10
MSI KT4 Ultra - 8.5/10
Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media