Real-World OpenGL Benchmarks
Quake III Arena
Quake III Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a wide range of different products. Quake III is getting very old, but is still the best way of testing video and PC systems for any instabilities and best performance.
Quake 3 is where we start to see the real world affects of the SMA design of the I-Buddie. DDR-266 performance was less than playable even @ 640x480. Running 333 MHz memory increased performance greatly to a comfortable 30+FPS.
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Voyager is another real-world OpenGL benchmark. Based on the Quake III Arena engine, this game is an OpenGL master utilizing DirectX 8. We also apply the new Opt3D patch to allow for the use of Hardware T&L as well as new optimizations for AMD Athlon XP and Pentium 4 SSE2.
Star Trek Voyager, being more reliant on DX8 technologies, shows that the performance of the Desknote not to be the most agreeable with high demanding games.
Jedi Knight II
Jedi Knight II, Jedi Outcast is a newly released OpenGL game that many have been waiting for. It has greatly improved graphics over its predecessor and it fully supports advanced shaders, as well as very high texture resolutions and effects. There is one demo included in the multi-player section that is good for benchmarking use. In order to enable the benchmarking mode, you have to make a shortcut to the jk2mp.exe program located in the GameData folder of Jedi Knight 2. You have to put the switch "+set sv_cheats1" (no quotes) at the end of the line in the Target Area so that it looks like this: C:\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2mp.exe" +set sv_cheats 1. The demo file used is jk2ffa.
Jedi Knight II is even heavier on the system than Star Trek Voyager. Even @ 333 MHz, the quality at times was sluggish, while playable, it does get a bit annoying to be killed due to system lag.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 2 [Specifications and Information]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 3 [Features]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 4 [More Features]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 5 [More Features Continued]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- Cryptocurrency price cash wipes $300 billion from market cap
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series