Real-World OpenGL Benchmarks
Quake III Arena
Quake III Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a wide range of different products. Quake III is getting very old, but is still the best way of testing video and PC systems for any instabilities and best performance.
Quake 3 is where we start to see the real world affects of the SMA design of the I-Buddie. DDR-266 performance was less than playable even @ 640x480. Running 333 MHz memory increased performance greatly to a comfortable 30+FPS.
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Voyager is another real-world OpenGL benchmark. Based on the Quake III Arena engine, this game is an OpenGL master utilizing DirectX 8. We also apply the new Opt3D patch to allow for the use of Hardware T&L as well as new optimizations for AMD Athlon XP and Pentium 4 SSE2.
Star Trek Voyager, being more reliant on DX8 technologies, shows that the performance of the Desknote not to be the most agreeable with high demanding games.
Jedi Knight II
Jedi Knight II, Jedi Outcast is a newly released OpenGL game that many have been waiting for. It has greatly improved graphics over its predecessor and it fully supports advanced shaders, as well as very high texture resolutions and effects. There is one demo included in the multi-player section that is good for benchmarking use. In order to enable the benchmarking mode, you have to make a shortcut to the jk2mp.exe program located in the GameData folder of Jedi Knight 2. You have to put the switch "+set sv_cheats1" (no quotes) at the end of the line in the Target Area so that it looks like this: C:\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2mp.exe" +set sv_cheats 1. The demo file used is jk2ffa.
Jedi Knight II is even heavier on the system than Star Trek Voyager. Even @ 333 MHz, the quality at times was sluggish, while playable, it does get a bit annoying to be killed due to system lag.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 2 [Specifications and Information]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 3 [Features]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 4 [More Features]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 5 [More Features Continued]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard