Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 2 is a third-person shooter video game developed and published by Capcom. The game is the sequel to Lost Planet: Extreme Condition which is also made by Capcom, taking place ten years after the events of the first game, on the same fictional planet. The story takes place back on E.D.N. III 10 years after the events of the first game. The snow has melted to reveal jungles and more tropical areas that have taken the place of more frozen regions. The plot begins with Mercenaries fighting against Jungle Pirates. After destroying a mine, the Mercenaries continue on to evacuate the area, in which a Category-G Akrid appears and attacks them. After being rescued, they find out their evacuation point (Where the Category-G appeared) was a set-up and no pick up team awaited them. The last words imply possible DLC additions to the game, "There's nothing to be gained by wiping out snow pirates... unless you had some kind of grudge."
Lost Planet 2 is just a super intensive game and really favors NVIDIA due to the tessellation implementation. For our dream system, though, it's not an issue with almost 90 FPS at 2560 x 1600 with 8x AA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Thanks AVADirect & GIGABYTE]
- Page 3 [Thanks Sapphire, Western Digital & Thermaltake]
- Page 4 [Thanks Corsair]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 7 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]