That's a low score utilizing the onboard video card and it might be almost 4x faster when we have the HD 6970 attached, but that scores still a lot lower than the same card would perform on our 980X or P67 testbed.
What's interesting, though, is that the GPU score wasn't that bad at around the 3500 mark. With the card overclocked and our P67 platform at 4.7GHz, we see a GPU score of around 5500. What we're hitting, though, is a CPU wall as we deal with a CPU clocked at just over 1.6GHz with two cores and our normal PCI-E x16 slot running at only x4.
What brought the overall score down so much, though, is the Physics and Combined tests which rely a lot on the CPU. Of course, it was never going to perform like quad core CPUs that carry eight threads and 4.5GHz+ clocks.
Running a few games, you can see across the board it doesn't matter what resolution we play at, the FPS is identical, which means that we're hitting a CPU limitation. Not a surprise, especially when using a HD 6970. Street Fighter IV numbers are good, though, and LP2 looked good and that's because the difference between our minimum and maximum were so small that you really had a constant 30+ FPS.
Even moving to 2560 x 1600 under Mafia II, we couldn't get performance to drop with it scoring 16 FPS again. Again, though, it was all just done for a bit of fun.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard - Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS & Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [AIDA64 Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 8 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 9 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard