That's a low score utilizing the onboard video card and it might be almost 4x faster when we have the HD 6970 attached, but that scores still a lot lower than the same card would perform on our 980X or P67 testbed.
What's interesting, though, is that the GPU score wasn't that bad at around the 3500 mark. With the card overclocked and our P67 platform at 4.7GHz, we see a GPU score of around 5500. What we're hitting, though, is a CPU wall as we deal with a CPU clocked at just over 1.6GHz with two cores and our normal PCI-E x16 slot running at only x4.
What brought the overall score down so much, though, is the Physics and Combined tests which rely a lot on the CPU. Of course, it was never going to perform like quad core CPUs that carry eight threads and 4.5GHz+ clocks.
Running a few games, you can see across the board it doesn't matter what resolution we play at, the FPS is identical, which means that we're hitting a CPU limitation. Not a surprise, especially when using a HD 6970. Street Fighter IV numbers are good, though, and LP2 looked good and that's because the difference between our minimum and maximum were so small that you really had a constant 30+ FPS.
Even moving to 2560 x 1600 under Mafia II, we couldn't get performance to drop with it scoring 16 FPS again. Again, though, it was all just done for a bit of fun.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard - Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS & Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [AIDA64 Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 8 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 9 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon