The Seagate Constellation.2 1TB SAS 2.5" HDD
The official name of the new Constellation is actually Constellation.2 (point two). The official model number of the 1TB SAS unit is ST91000640SS, while the 1TB SATA version is designated with an NS on the end.
Here we see the three SAS drives that will be tested in RAID. The front of the drives are labeled with all of the model information and serial numbers.
Seagate has moved the surface mount components to the other side of the PCB. There isn't anything to see on this side anymore. All of the standard mounting points are where they should be on the Constellation.2.
We should point out that 15mm height drives are not compatible with your notebook; those are 12.5mm height drives.
On the back we see that SAS connector which is a little different than SATA. The pins at the top allow for bidirectional communication over twice the number of data points.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD EPYC Rome: 64C/128T processor teased at 2.35GHz
- Samsung Galaxy F rumors: March 2019, costs up to $1770
- Capcom may continue cloud-based Switch games
- Fire Emblem Heroes makes 72% of Nintendo's mobile revenue
- Obsidian excited about Game Pass, wants to redefine RPGs
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms