The Seagate Constellation.2 1TB SAS 2.5" HDD
The official name of the new Constellation is actually Constellation.2 (point two). The official model number of the 1TB SAS unit is ST91000640SS, while the 1TB SATA version is designated with an NS on the end.
Here we see the three SAS drives that will be tested in RAID. The front of the drives are labeled with all of the model information and serial numbers.
Seagate has moved the surface mount components to the other side of the PCB. There isn't anything to see on this side anymore. All of the standard mounting points are where they should be on the Constellation.2.
We should point out that 15mm height drives are not compatible with your notebook; those are 12.5mm height drives.
On the back we see that SAS connector which is a little different than SATA. The pins at the top allow for bidirectional communication over twice the number of data points.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:29 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [The Seagate Constellation.2 1TB SAS 2.5" HDD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]