The Seagate Constellation.2 1TB SAS 2.5" HDD
The official name of the new Constellation is actually Constellation.2 (point two). The official model number of the 1TB SAS unit is ST91000640SS, while the 1TB SATA version is designated with an NS on the end.
Here we see the three SAS drives that will be tested in RAID. The front of the drives are labeled with all of the model information and serial numbers.
Seagate has moved the surface mount components to the other side of the PCB. There isn't anything to see on this side anymore. All of the standard mounting points are where they should be on the Constellation.2.
We should point out that 15mm height drives are not compatible with your notebook; those are 12.5mm height drives.
On the back we see that SAS connector which is a little different than SATA. The pins at the top allow for bidirectional communication over twice the number of data points.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter: World updated for Xbox One, patch 1.06
- Everything you need for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
- Sea of Thieves will have larger map/more ships beyond launch
- Sea of Thieves map will have 15 - 30 minute ship encounters
- Final Fantasy XV has PC-exclusive 'higher quality assets'
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit