The year of the Rabbit - It may be fitting since this year computer technology will be dominated by SSDs; the year of the hyper speed SSD! - 2011 will bring nearly double the performance and double the capacity, while driving costs even lower than what we saw in 2010. There will be something for everyone; if you want up to 550MB/s from a single drive or prefer a single drive with up to 600GB of storage capacity, you will be able to get it this year.
There is another area that we have yet to talk about, though, one that several will like to know more about. But to be honest, I'm not in the know at this time about it. With so many new controllers available, you have to wonder what will happen with last year's designs. Could a budget 120GB SandForce SF-1200 product hit the market, say at a 150 USD price point? - The biggest obstacle to mass SSD adaption is clearly the high cost of ownership. If this were to happen and we start to approach the 1 Dollar per Gig area, then more consumers would get a taste of that sweet SSD feeling and then crave faster SATA 6G models.
Maybe we are just trying to pull a rabbit out of our 2011 New Years hat, but if it were to happen, and I'm not saying it will, but if it were, then 2011 could be the year everyone adapts to the technology.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pornhub traffic hardens when YouTube went limp during crash
- Darksiders III will be around 15+ of gameplay, HDR supported
- Rocket League to go 4K/60FPS on Xbox One X, likely crossplay
- SEGA announces Sonic franchise has shipped 800 million units
- Dynasty Warriors 8 hacks n' slashes its way onto the Switch
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam