Gainward offer us a great overclock out of the box when it comes to the GTX 570, but as we always try to do with the first version of a new model, we see just how far we can overclock it.
At the moment we don't have any voltage adjustment ability when it comes to the core, so our overall overclock might not be as strong as it could be when we see future versions of MSI Afterburner. But we wouldn't be bringing you this article today if we didn't get at least a decent bump out of the card.
Since we've already covered the Gainward GTX 570 1280MB Goes Like Hell edition in our standalone review here, we won't go into any real details on the card. Instead we'll just quickly cover the stock clocks the card carries; and more importantly the overclock we managed to achieve.
As we already mentioned, out of the box we see a good overclock already from the Gainward GLH GTX 570. We've seen Gainward bump the clocks to 800 / 1600 / 4000 QDR on the Core / Shader / Memory which is up from a reference card which carries a setup off 732 / 1464 / 3800 QDR.
With a bit of time we ended up with a nice 50MHz core bump, which put that in at a nice sounding 850MHz. That of course increased the Shader clock to 1700MHz. We got a little bit of movement bumping that up 200MHz QDR which brings the final memory clock in at 4200MHz QDR.
These are some nice little gains and we should see a decent performance jump. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to a stock clocked GTX 580.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Card and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.