You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
Testing SAS drives is a little tricky since other hardware has to be used in conjunction with the test product. This additional layer tosses our apples to apples testing methodology out the window.
We tested the SMART Modular XceedIOPS two ways today. The first was with our standard system configuration with the LSI 9260-8i, an industry leading SAS 6Gbps controller. The second method of testing was on an ASUS P6T7 WS Supercomputer that has an onboard SAS controller. The ASUS setup doesn't use cache, so we can use it to test the drive a little cleaner.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
As you can see, there is quite a bit of difference between these two results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The SMART Modular XceedIOPS SAS SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analyst: Cyberpunk 2077 out in Q4 2019, will sell 19m copies
- HBM standard updated: 24GB per stack, 96GB HBM2 per card
- PUBG mobile: 200m downloads, 30m daily active users
- Of course Anthem is more rewarding with friends
- Switch is fastest selling current-gen console in U.S.
- MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z390 Taichi Ultimate stuck on Error Code 55
- Z77, using sound card and onboard sound
- QSAN XN8008T NAS Review
- ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ: The Best Gaming Monitor Ever Made
- Stylish Brawler Bladed Fury Launches Today ï»¿on Steam
- Wamill releases ICO update for Blockchain Tycoon
- Digital Extremes Brings The Big Guns To Warframe With Fortuna: The Profit-Taker For Steam PC Today
- PUBG Mobile Dominates Google Play Awards, Surpasses 200 Million Downloads Worldwide
- GROOVE X Introduce a New Companion Robot, 'LOVOT'