The SMART Modular XceedIOPS SAS SSD
Our engineering sample arrived in a brown box with an antistatic bag. The drive itself is labeled as an engineering sample, but as you can see here the case design and label is ready for the big time.
Even though one side looks ready to go, on the back we see that engineering samples were still being produced as of Sept. 21st, 2010. This was just a couple weeks before the drive arrived at our office.
On the side we found the standard 2.5" form factor mounting locations.
SAS drives use a slightly different data and power connector that provides 6Gbps to and from the drive.
When OCZ Technology sent us their SF-1500 controlled drive last January it included a single super capacitor and we see the same here with the SMART Modular XceedIOPS. Also on this side of the drive is an Emulex bridge chip.
On this side we see the SandForce SF-1500 controller and another super capacitor. At this time I'm not sure if the reason for two capacitors is due to the drive being 200GB, or if SMART will do this for all of their XceedIOPS drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The SMART Modular XceedIOPS SAS SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard