The SMART Modular XceedIOPS SAS SSD
Our engineering sample arrived in a brown box with an antistatic bag. The drive itself is labeled as an engineering sample, but as you can see here the case design and label is ready for the big time.
Even though one side looks ready to go, on the back we see that engineering samples were still being produced as of Sept. 21st, 2010. This was just a couple weeks before the drive arrived at our office.
On the side we found the standard 2.5" form factor mounting locations.
SAS drives use a slightly different data and power connector that provides 6Gbps to and from the drive.
When OCZ Technology sent us their SF-1500 controlled drive last January it included a single super capacitor and we see the same here with the SMART Modular XceedIOPS. Also on this side of the drive is an Emulex bridge chip.
On this side we see the SandForce SF-1500 controller and another super capacitor. At this time I'm not sure if the reason for two capacitors is due to the drive being 200GB, or if SMART will do this for all of their XceedIOPS drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The SMART Modular XceedIOPS SAS SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- LGA1151 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series