High Quality AA and AF
Our high quality tests let us separate the men from the boys and the ladies from the girls. If the cards weren't struggling before, they will start to now.
HD 5870 We see a really nice boost to performance under Far Cry 2.
HD 5970 We see a really nice boost to performance under Far Cry 2.
This is a driver set that carries with it some nice performance promises. While we don't see all of them for the simple fact that we don't test all the programs that are mentioned in the release notes, you can see in our line up some nice gains are seen across the board nonetheless.
The stand out is no doubt AA performance under Far Cry 2. Not to take anything away from the AMD driver team, but this driver was a lot better than I expected. To be honest I figured AMD would be so busy with the launch of the new HD 6000 series that the HD 5000 series might've gotten a little bit left out.
I'm not sure how we're going go next month with another launch from AMD, but I don't think we'll be seeing the same kind of gains. Come the 10.12 December release, though, and the driver team normally has some holiday goodies in store for us. Time will tell. For now, though, enjoy the free extra FPS!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Denuvo DRM is coming to mobile phone games
- Capcom preps you for Iceborne with this helpful infographic
- Ubisoft to invest in new IPs and ramp up game dev teams
- Switch Lite vs normal Switch in side-by-side comparison
- Farming Simulator 20 begins harvesting the Nintendo Switch in Q4 2019
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems