Our test boards
While we would have loved to have used a single make of board from one company, truth is, not every company uses every chipset. We did our best to find boards that performed at good levels for out tests, to gauge the best possible results.
For the Intel i845E chipset we used the DFI NB73-EA motherboard. This board was given to us as a reference sample for i845E when it was released and has proven in just simple tests to be a good gauge for i845E.
For the i845G tests we used the EPoX 4G4A+. This board has impressed us beyond belief and with its "unofficial" support for DDR-333 memory, it is certainly a winner for the i845G category.
For the SiS 645DX chipset we used the Soyo P4S645DX Dragon Ultra. This board proved to be great for speed and overclocking as well as being the most feature packed.
For the P4X400 chipset we used the P4PB-400 VPSD board. We used this board simply because no major manufacturers are supporting this chipset at the time of this release. While Soyo does have its P4X400 Dragon Ultra on the way, it isn't in production and therefore not a candidate.
For the SiS 648 chipset we used the SiS reference sample. Reason for this is no manufacturer currently has boards available at date of release. EPoX, ASUS, ABIT, Gigabyte and many others have SiS 648 on their ES tables, but not in mass production as of yet.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 2 [Intel i845E and G]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 3 [SiS 645DX]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 4 [VIA Apollo P4X400]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 5 [SiS 648]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 6 [Chipsets Head to Head]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 7 [Boards Used]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Multimedia Productivity]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 12 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam