Intel's introduction of the 533FSB Intel Pentium 4 processor was once again received with a mixed reception, some welcomed the new powerhouse of 4.2GB/s bandwidth while some criticized that we had just gotten used to 400MHz FSB and getting chipsets, memory and boards supporting it in full swing and why Intel was changing so quick. Another sour note was that on release, the only official 533FSB chipset was the i850E, RDRAM chipset that supports new PC1066 RDRAM, but no PC1066 RDRAM even on the market, or even a PC1066 standard developed.
Now that we have seen chipsets that make sense from Intel, we have seen VIA and SiS come out with their own chipsets for this new front side bus. Today we are going to throw them into the shark tank and see which emerges the strongest. Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, we give you, Intel i845G -vs- Intel i845E and G -vs- VIA P4X400 -vs- SiS 645DX -vs- SiS 648. Who will be the victor? Let's go through it all and see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 2 [Intel i845E and G]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 3 [SiS 645DX]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 4 [VIA Apollo P4X400]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 5 [SiS 648]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 6 [Chipsets Head to Head]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 7 [Boards Used]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Multimedia Productivity]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 12 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard