In our first round of multi-GPU testing on the GIGABYTE X58A-UD9 we find that the board is more than up to the task of handling the extra power draw going through it and with the extra NF200 chips there is no shortage of PCIe 2.0 lanes to keep things humming along. We also find that the X58A-UD9 is a board with the extra headroom for serious benchmarking.
Looking at the synthetic tests, we see them scale very nicely with each additional GPU added into the mix. This is great news for the overclocker looking to take the top spots on HWBot. When we started out we were concerned that we would see a failure when all of the GPUs began asking for more power and bandwidth; thankfully this did not happen. However, we did see an issue with cooling that was unexpected and could be a design flaw in the cooling on the GV-N470SO-13I. When the cards are sandwiched together (in Three-Way SLI) the middle card cannot keep enough cool air flowing over the heatsink. This caused the card to overheat and shut down during both 3DMark Vantage and Heaven 2.0. We were able to solve this with a single fan on top of the cards exhausting out, but it is something to be aware of.
Our testing of the X58A-UD9 is not yet done. Up next is a run with four (yes, four) GIGABYTE GV-N480D5-15I-B cards. That is four GTX 480s! - We are going to see if we can get this running on a single Corsair AX1200 Gold PSU. After that, who knows? - We may even try some CPU and GPU overclocking with a pair of AX1200 Gold PSUs and some advanced cooling. Really, from what we are seeing so far, there is not much of a limit to what you can do with the GIGABYTE X58A-UD9 if you have the time and the money.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- NVIDIA's new GeForce Game Ready 416.94 drivers released
- NVIDIA announces Quadro RTX 4000: Turing goes single-slot
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms