High Quality AA and AF
Our high quality tests let us separate the men from the boys and the ladies from the girls. If the cards weren't struggling before they will start to now.
HD 5870 AVP is a little up, while Far Cry 2 shows no changes.
HD 5970 AVP shows no change, while Far Cry 2 seems to have dropped back ever so slightly.
There we have it; another month gone, and another Catalyst driver. On the performance front not a whole lot has changed. In talking to some people, there's a few interesting things that have to be mentioned here.
Firstly, most people are still on the 10.4a driver as it's been regarded as one of the best this year, ever since a lot of people have run into trouble. And while I haven't experienced the problems mentioned, it's clear with the amount of people having them, they exist.
Now, compared to the 10.4a driver, performance seems to be a little down. What's being said, though, is that this driver is a lot more stable than the 10.5s to 10.8s and while performance is a little down, you've got all those bug fixes that have been seen in the past few months.
The best thing to do is to set a restore point up, do an uninstall in the control panel and install the 10.9s. If you don't have any problems, stick with them, as they seem to be a great little driver this month.
It will be interesting to see what happens in the last quarter of the year as we see the HD 6000 begin to hit the market. Good times ahead!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit