Palit GTX 460 Sonic Platinum Overclocked w/ Voltage Adjustment
When it comes to video card overclocking there's really only one choice. MSI Afterburner has become a favorite of not just me but anyone who's interested in overclocking their video card period. When you combine the fact that the program is capable of handling both ATI and NVIDIA cards with the fact that MSI is on top of updating the program and making sure voltage adjust ability is present in as many models as possible and it's just a winner of a program.
We heard that we should be able to get around the 850MHz / 4000MHz QDR clock so this was our main target. We had hoped we wouldn't run into too much trouble getting these clocks because it was only 50MHz more on the core from the stock Sonic Platinum clock and the memory was the same.
The first thing I did was push the memory to 4200MHz while staying at 800MHz on the core; I thought if we could up that a bit to pass what we were told what we should get I would be happy and we could start working on the core.
We ended up with a core clock of 925MHz which is not only a 125MHz overclock from the Sonic Platinum but more importantly it's a huge 250MHz overclock from the stock 675MHz speed. This means that the Shader clock has sky rocketed; at 1850MHz it's 250MHz higher then what the Palit offers out of the box, compared to the reference NVIDIA clocks, though, it's 500MHz up which is just insane.
We also managed a bit of wiggle room with the memory and ended up at 4200MHz QDR which is 200MHz QDR above the out of the box Palit clocks and an impressive 600MHz QDR up on the reference card.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:29 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Palit GTX 460 Sonic Platinum Overclocked w/ Voltage Adjustment]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]