You may have heard stories about these cards running hot and I assure you that it is not far from the truth. And while we will have liquid nitrogen on the core, the VRMs under the loads that we will be using will produce enough heat to warm a small house in winter. These will not only require heatsinks, but also active cooling.
Just for an annoyance, one of the components nestled in and around them sits slightly higher than what we are trying to cool. To counter that, I have drilled out a small section of the heatsink where that component can sit unobstructed while letting the heatsink sit flat.
Double sided thermal tape has been used to secure them in place, but as these cards will be doing some travelling over the coming days, I have used art eraser which is the same kind I have demonstrated before, as a form of insulation to help secure the heatsinks in place.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age breaks 1 million sales
- Square Enix explains why it cut off Hitman dev
- ThinkPad Black Friday sale has a giant 35% off coupon
- Nintendo Switch drives Gamestop hardware sales
- Tencent will publish PUBG in China
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ