Setting up the GTX 480 with GTX 465 PhysX
Adding in a second NVIDIA card to use as a PhysX card is really easy. Eith no drivers installed we slotted both cards into the testbed and fired it up. Once in Windows we installed the latest NVIDIA drivers and after a reboot we went into the NVIDIA control panel.
From there you can select PhysX and how you want it to be handled. We have three choices; GTX 480, GTX 465 and CPU. So, what we did was select GTX 465.
I actually forgot to take pictures of the GPU-Z screens separately, but I did take a screen shot of them both running at one stage. Below you can see our two cards installed.
So, what I ended up doing is running the PhysX tests three ways. The first was just with the GTX 480 and that being also used as the PhysX card. The second was the same single GTX 480 and we selected for the CPU to do the PhysX work. Finally, we had both cards installed and selected the GTX 465 to do the PhysX work.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Setting up the GTX 480 with GTX 465 PhysX]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Nintendo celebrate 1,000 games on Switch with new trailer
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions