Leadtek A250LE Features
Kindly donated to us by Rectron in Australia, we are fortunate enough to have the Leadtek A250LE on hand for our roundup. Thanks guys.
Package and Contents
Leadtek's packaging for their entire GF4 range is pretty similar. Only the name on the front of the box changes to reflect the product inside. Coloring, dimensions and information are basically all the same (generic GF4 info, nothing spectacular about the card itself).
After unpacking the goods, you do get quite a bit from the Leadtek package. Four games are included as well as four applications and drivers. Card, very well documented manual, TV in and out board and cables for TV connection, but disappointingly no DVI to CRT converter.
Size-wise, the Leadtek A250LE is identical to the nVidia reference specifications to reduce PCB space. Memory modules are located front and back, Ti4200 GPU exactly where it should be and pins for heatsink replacement are perfectly positioned.
Cooling the GPU and Memory
One thing that Leadtek are good for is making sure their products are cooled well. The Leadtek Ti4600 was the most radically cooled 4600 card I have ever seen and this concept has continued with the 4200. An extremely large and heavy heatsink is added to the front of the card to keep the GPU and front memory modules cooled. On the back, a very large plate is used to keep the ram at the back cooled and does so very effectively. The Heatsink is a two piece unit that comes away very easily so we were able to get some pictures of the memory for you.
With the heatsinks removed we get a look at the memory modules. Rather than the normal 3.6 or 3.8ns modules used for the rest of the Ti4200 64MB cards, this one uses Hynic 4ns memory clocked at 500MHz. No wonder it needs a heatsink. While it is overclocked, it doesn't show any stability issues with this very good cooling effort by Leadtek.
Video System - Again its Phillips
Phillips must be making a bundle. Just about anyone who wants to have good quality TV for nVidia is using them today and Leadtek is no different.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 2 [Specifications Part 1]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 3 [Specifications Part 2]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 4 [ASUS V8420 Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 5 [Albatron Ti4200-P Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 6 [Chaintech A-GT21 Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 7 [Leadtek A250LE Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 8 [Test Setup/3DMark2001/Vulpine]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 11 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- Hollow Knight 'Gods & Glory' DLC arrives August 23rd
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit