Chaintech A-GT21 Features
The Chaintech A-GT21 was kindly loaned to us by Chaintech in Taiwan. You can find these cards in Australia through Protac and many other distributors.
Packaging and Contents
Packaging on the Chaintech A-GT21 was reasonably eye catching. A window on the front of the box allows you to see the card itself with all its great colored cooling onboard. On the back, great information on the cards features, specifications and package contents.
Once unpacked, you will see very little in the way of goodies, but believe me they are there packed away in some very nice boxes. You get the card (well it wouldn't be worth your money if you didn't get one), Dual Split S-video connector, DVI to CRT converter and a software bundle inside a DVD video style looking case.
The card itself if pure eye candy. Colored with gold plated heatsinks on the GPU and memory, this is the most stunning looking video card I have come across to date. With 128MB of onboard memory clocked at 450MHz, this card is set as the fastest Ti4200 128MB so far. Designed around the same size as the reference Ti4200, cost has been saved on PCB space. In all it is just about 2cm longer than the Albatron card.
Chaintech has decided to use the Wind Tunnel reference heatsink for the A-GT21, but with a slight difference; its gold plated in color. This makes the card look much more attractive than most others out. Gold sinks have been placed on the memory on the front and smaller ones on the back to cool the 4ns Samsung memory that is used to give a total of 128MB DDR SDRAM.
TV in and Out - Phillips again
Like the ASUS V8420 and many other Ti4200 video cards, Chaintech has gone all out for the TV and video system. Phillips TV decoder/encoder chip along with the Sigma Designs TV Transfer chip ensures you the best possible TV quality. While still not up to ATI's standards, it is a huge improvement on past TV systems on nVidia cards.
DVI to CRT converter
Want to run two CRT monitors on your Chaintech masterpiece straight out of the box? No worries! This baby is supplied with a DVI to CRT converter for your Dual Display needs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 2 [Specifications Part 1]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 3 [Specifications Part 2]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 4 [ASUS V8420 Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 5 [Albatron Ti4200-P Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 6 [Chaintech A-GT21 Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 7 [Leadtek A250LE Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 8 [Test Setup/3DMark2001/Vulpine]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 11 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit