Albatron Ti4200-P Features
Kindly loaned to us by Albatron in TW, we are fortunate enough to be able to give you some lovely pictures of the Albatron Value Fleet.
Packaging and Contents
The packaging from Albatron is rather plain to the eye. Very little information or eye catching detail has been added to the box so it is quite easy to dismiss the card straight away.
Once unpacked, there isn't a huge amount of extra packets in there. Containing only four CD's (two application and two games), Cables for TV out, card and manual. You don't really get a huge amount, but this is OK since Albatron's card is the cheapest of the range we have. As mentioned, you get the Card (always important), user manual that contains only the basics on the card (very little in the way of instructions and TV in and out adapter cables). Albatron doesn't supply any DVI to CRT converter with this package, so if two CRT monitors is what you want, you will need to go out and purchase a separate converter.
On the software side you get the Utility CD which comes with drivers, overclocking utility and online user manual. CD #2 is WinDVD for Software DVD playback (excellent program I must add). CD #3 is Serious Sam, one of the all time great 3D games and Motocross Mania. Just a good bike game really, nothing spectacular about it.
The card is based in design around the nVidia reference design. Small and compact, this card takes up about the same amount of space as a GF3 Ti200 card does. Being the smallest card does give it a price advantage over all the others available.
Cooling the GPU
Like ASUS, Albatron has decided to throw away the nVidia recommended heatsink and go with something a little more flashy. The Orb-style heatsink is almost identical to the ASUS one and gives identical cooling properties. Being quieter and smaller than the reference heatsink, it does a better job than the reference heatsinks.
Like just about all 128MB Ti4200 cards, the Albatron uses Samsung 4ns modules running at 444MHz. nVidia's specs don't call for any special cooling for the memory at this speed so to reduce costs, Albatron has just left them bare. At full operation they get warm but not hot.
TV In and Out - Phillips chosen again
While the GF4 Ti4200 does support linking to the Phillips TV chips, to reduce costs Albatron has gone with the Conixant TV encoder chip. This chip provides basic TV output and really is not very good for DVD playback, as we have seen in the past.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 2 [Specifications Part 1]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 3 [Specifications Part 2]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 4 [ASUS V8420 Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 5 [Albatron Ti4200-P Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 6 [Chaintech A-GT21 Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 7 [Leadtek A250LE Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 8 [Test Setup/3DMark2001/Vulpine]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 11 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Core i9-7980XE benched: super-fast, but costs $1999
- Custom Radeon RX Vega cards not coming until November
- Oclean One: the world's smartest electric toothbrush
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower