Overclocking on all the cards was done with the Detonator XP 30.30 drivers and the Coolbits registry edit key. This allows core and memory frequency control from within the Detonator drivers.
The Chaintech card was a remarkable overclocker, scoring a 302MHz max on the core and 610 on the memory. This brings it over a Ti4400 level and approaching on the Ti4600 speeds.
ASUS was next with a somewhat slower 285MHz core but a remarkable 645MHz on the memory, showing that BGA is more overclockable than TSOP, even without RAM sinks
Albatron came in tied with the Leadtek. Both cards managed to do 275MHz core and 560MHz memory. For Albatron this is a good leap considering the memory runs 444MHz default. Leadtek is a slight disappointment since the memory speed is already overclocked at 500MHz.
We have seen that the Ti4200 video card is a great budget keeper if you want the extra power of the true GeForce 4 engine without going and buying pure speed. The Ti4200 core is a basic replica of the Ti4400 so you should be able to run it at Ti4400 speeds (any card) straight out of the box without any worries. How much further you go is up to you.
Taking out the 1st place award is Chaintech with a very impressive benchmark and overclock results. 2nd place is given to Leadtek for a very good budget keeper and great all round performance while 3rd surprisingly is Albatron. Though new to the market, they came in with a winner. Taking the wooden spoon home is ASUS. Good overclocking and performance, but too heavy on price.
Last updated: Jan 30, 2019 at 10:26 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 2 [Specifications Part 1]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 3 [Specifications Part 2]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 4 [ASUS V8420 Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 5 [Albatron Ti4200-P Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 6 [Chaintech A-GT21 Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 7 [Leadtek A250LE Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 8 [Test Setup/3DMark2001/Vulpine]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 11 [Overclocking and Conclusion]