I've already said that this is going to be the setup for surround gaming. Its strong high resolution performance is impressive which is exactly what we want when it comes to looking at Surround Gaming setups.
The overclock is good; the ability to adjust voltage while not present, it's coming and would've given us the 100MHz core increase and more we wanted, but we're not complaining about this at all. With some good airflow in the case versus the open test bench structure, you shouldn't need to run the fans at a higher speed to achieve the overclock which will be present.
The Galaxy GTX 465 has had a real work out from us. With the two cards we've offered over 150 benchmarks and given you a massive feel for the model. Everyone who has asked me over the last few days what I think about the GTX 465 has been told. That is, I think it's a great model.
What helps seal the deal is the price point. Honestly, another $20 and the model would've been looked at in a completely different light. The $280 MSRP is impressive for the performance you get and people who want to get in on the latest CUDA and PhysX performance are going to appreciate it as well.
While we can't comment on the reference cooled model, we can comment on the Galaxy GTX 465 and what we have to say is that the model performs well, is priced well, scales very well, overclocks great with no voltage adjustment, performs strong at high resolutions and runs a lot cooler, quieter while drawing a lot less power than launch higher end GTX 400 series cards.
Let's hope that NVIDIA can attack the other mid range models with the same strength. They've got the potential to take back no.1 spot and for ATI who do currently hold no.1 spot, there's only one place they can go and that is down. The competition is great for everyone, though, so let's hope it stays.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Galaxy GTX 465 in SLI]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz