We've almost done it all with the GTX 465; looked at it in single form, overclocked, SLI form and today we'll finish the quenelle with GTX 465s in SLI overclocked. I've already mentioned that I think this card in SLI is going to be the perfect combination for people who want to go down the Surround Gaming path, but the question is, can we have the same luck with overclocking when we throw two of them together?
Overclocking is an important aspect for this setup, as we mentioned in our original single card overclocking article. The mid range nature means that if we can get some extra power out of the setup at no extra cost, the overall value of the product is obviously going to go up.
The good thing is we're also very confident with the cards we have here from Galaxy with the single card showing us speeds in excess of 700MHz on the core without any voltage adjustment. Today we've managed to find out that we'll be seeing voltage adjustment in the near future, though, which means we're going to see even more power on tap. Once we've got that little ability on our hands, I'll make sure we reexamine the GTX 465 with Voltage Adjustment. Hopefully we'll get close to that 800MHz core like we did with the GTX 470.
Today's about two GTX 465s and an overclock. Let's not delay; we'll have a quick peek at what we achieved on the cards and then get stuck into the benchmarks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Galaxy GTX 465 in SLI]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 may have cosmetic monetization
- Sapphire launches new AMD RX 570 16GB crypto mining card
- Fallout 76 isn't going free-to-play
- Anthem microtransactions detailed
- Mortal Kombat 11 to feature cross-play after initial launch
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25