Galaxy GTX 465 GC Overclocking
With the model being based very much off the GTX 470, I had hoped that we would've seen Voltage Adjustment to the core straight off the bat. Unfortunately under both Xtreme Tuner HD and Afterburner we didn't. We're not too sure if we're going to see it soon, or if the ability isn't present in this model.
Either way, if it is on offer soon and it does help give us a better overclock once again over what we currently get, we'll look at it in a separate article. If it doesn't, though, we'll no doubt make mention of it in some shape, way or form.
For now, let's look at the Galaxy GTX 465 GC and see what the model was capable of without the voltage adjustment we had hoped for. Out of the box the default core on the GTX 465 is 608MHz, the Shader 1215MHz and the 1GB of GDDR5 memory coming in at 3208MHz QDR.
What we ended up with was surprising; 725MHz on the core which bumped our Shader to 1450MHz and the memory went up to a respectable 3740MHz QDR. Considering we're not playing with any voltages, a core jump of over 100MHz is appreciated. We're sure the cooler that Galaxy has opted for has aided in the achievement of these numbers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Galaxy GTX 465 GC Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]