Performance improvements for the most part are very present. There's a few weird numbers being thrown around, but you've got to remember we're dealing with a beta driver here. Hopefully by the time we get a full-on WHQL one these few issues will be fixed; there seems to be no good reason why we would be seeing less performance with the latest drivers.
Outside of some fantastic performance improvements, there's some really nice new features added to the driver. I would highly recommend that you head on over to the NVIDIA blog hereand read the post as it really explains some of the new features that are seen in the new driver release.
Really, for the most part we've got no idea why you wouldn't make the move over to this driver from the current 197 driver that you're probably already using. If you haven't got a GTX 400 series card, but you're going to pick one up, make sure you grab the latest driver.
Sure, there are a few random issues, but there's nothing too serious. If you're gaming at 1920 x 1200 or 2560 x 1600 the latest driver does a great job of giving us a serious boost in performance which is always appreciated.
It would've been nice to see this driver with the launch of the card, but who are we to complain. It's here now and we look forward to some more GTX 400 cards arriving that are going to be able to make use of the new driver along with the new found performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One has 1TB HDD, includes three games
- Epic won't let 'crappy games' on its store
- Steam's library UI is getting a makeover
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced