Performance improvements for the most part are very present. There's a few weird numbers being thrown around, but you've got to remember we're dealing with a beta driver here. Hopefully by the time we get a full-on WHQL one these few issues will be fixed; there seems to be no good reason why we would be seeing less performance with the latest drivers.
Outside of some fantastic performance improvements, there's some really nice new features added to the driver. I would highly recommend that you head on over to the NVIDIA blog hereand read the post as it really explains some of the new features that are seen in the new driver release.
Really, for the most part we've got no idea why you wouldn't make the move over to this driver from the current 197 driver that you're probably already using. If you haven't got a GTX 400 series card, but you're going to pick one up, make sure you grab the latest driver.
Sure, there are a few random issues, but there's nothing too serious. If you're gaming at 1920 x 1200 or 2560 x 1600 the latest driver does a great job of giving us a serious boost in performance which is always appreciated.
It would've been nice to see this driver with the launch of the card, but who are we to complain. It's here now and we look forward to some more GTX 400 cards arriving that are going to be able to make use of the new driver along with the new found performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sea of Thieves map will have 15 - 30 minute ship encounters
- Final Fantasy XV has PC-exclusive 'higher quality assets'
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been WATERED DOWN on the PC
- Microsoft does NOT block keyboard/mouse support on Xbox One
- Remedy's new game 'P7' expected for release in 2019
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit