Conclusion - Samsung Wins DDR-400 Battle
With very few DDR-400 modules on the market at this time, Samsung have defiantly put together a super high quality module that isn't officially supported by the JEDEC. Compatibility wise, the Samsung DDR-400 module worked in every board we had, and ran DDR-400 in every board that supported the speed by default or by overclocking. Stability wise I couldn't fault it, and overclocking, well 450Mhz is the highest I have ever seen from system memory to date. Being able to outperform the current king of DDR memory, Corsair, Samsung has my total seal of approval.
Geil on the other hand have basically slapped together a DDR-266 module and have tried the old, "cool it better, sell it for more" tactic. Geil DDR-400 is in my honest opinion a DDR-266 module overclocked to the limit, with a very low performance score and extremely unstable without their heatspreaders, you see that it's hard to choose this memory for hardcore overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 2 [Features of the two modules]
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 3 [Test Setup]
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 4 [Benchmarks - DDR-333]
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 5 [Benchmarks - DDR-350]
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 6 [Benchmarks - DDR-400]
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series