We've got a flurry of cards in our test results today. The most important is the Galaxy GTX 470 GC at 803MHz on the core. We've also got the Galaxy card in stock form which offers only a slight core bump over the reference card.
Also included is the GTX 480 at stock speeds. In our original OC article we found that the overclocked GTX 470 would constantly just trail the stock clocked GTX 480. Today we're hoping the extra grunt is going to help it pass the model. Of course, we've also included the HD 5870; NVIDIA say the GTX 470 sits below this model, so let's see if we can pass it today.
We're not going to be kind, though. Instead we'll be using the GIGABYTE version of the HD 5870 which sports a massive 950MHz core clock. If the GTX 470 wants to pull out the win, we're at least going to make it work hard for it and I know if a stock clocked card was included, I would have a bunch of people complaining that the HD 5870 can also be overclocked, which in all fairness I can understand.
Let's get started!
3DMark Vantage is the new industry standard PC gaming performance benchmark from Futuremark, newly designed for Windows Vista and DirectX10. It includes two new graphics tests, two new CPU tests, several new feature tests, and support for the latest hardware.
3DMark Vantage is based on a completely new rendering engine, developed specifically to take full advantage of DirectX10, the new graphics API from Microsoft.
Straight away we see the massive performance boost from the GTX 470 when overclocked with it managing to beat out the GTX 480 in both presets.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Galaxy GTX 470 GC Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.