The Reviewers Guide Story
We've all joked about the fact that the NVIDIA Reviewers Guide would tell reviewers to test nothing but Unigine Heaven to take advantage of the Tessellation features on offer from the GTX 400 series card.
Well, it doesn't. The reviewers guide is very similar to ones in the past. Let me give you a quick rundown of what's inside.
Starting from the top, we have the FTP Information and Embargo Date (NDA). Moving down, we've got an Introduction to the GTX 400 series, a rundown on the GTX 480 and then the GTX 470. We continue down to a blurb about Cinematic Image Quality, Revolutionary Compute Architecture for Gaming and some information about 3D Vision Surround.
Once all that's out of the way, NVIDIA then give us an idea on some of the games we should test, what settings they recommend and some notes for particular games. NVIDIA didn't say "We'll only send the model if you test this way and that way" or anything like that.
The information here is really no different to what we get from ATI. To be honest, a number of games in the list we already test anyway, so it didn't really impact us heavily.
Once all that information was out of the way, we have a table with the GTX 480 and GTX 470 side by side showing us the different specifications which we covered in our second and third pages.
We've then got another table which gives us a bunch of results NVIDIA have received from the GTX 480, GTX 470 and GTX 480 in SLI against a number of high end ATI cards. Really, though, we take this information with a grain of salt and since we do our own testing, it's not relevant to us anyway.
The end of the reviewers guide is finished off with a bunch of contact information for NVIDIA staff in any region and that's about it.
There's nothing sinister in the Reviewers Guide nor did NVIDIA tell us that we could only get a sample if we followed a certain method of testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The GTX 470]
- Page 3 [The GTX 480]
- Page 4 [The 512 CUDA Core Story]
- Page 5 [The Yield Rate Story]
- Page 6 [The Launch Supply Story]
- Page 7 [The Surround Gaming Story]
- Page 8 [The Reviewers Guide Story]
- Page 9 [The Fancy Tech]
- Page 10 [The Fancy Tech - Continued]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media