Ultra Low Power State
While something that will only cater to CrossFire and CrossFireX users, the idea behind this is that the second card will go into what ATI are calling a "Very Low Power State". When we're just moving around the desktop and not in games, our cards are already in a Low Power mode; this really takes it to the next level with bringing down the power of the cards outside of the main one.
This will automatically be enabled in Windows 7 and Windows Vista and you won't know that it's happening unless you look at your power draw. If you're using a CrossFire or CrossFireX setup, the chances are you're not going to be all that fussed by the feature, but it's no doubt nice to see that ATI are working towards making the technology better in one way or another.
This is something quite self explanatory really. If you're using a monitor that offers DisplayPort and speakers, you'll be able to get audio through the speakers with the DisplayPort connector.
Again, it's not a major development, but just another way of making things a bit better. While DisplayPort on a whole hasn't really taken off, it's clear that it will become the replacement for DVI in the future. There's nothing wrong with ATI jumping on the bandwagon early and implementing the technology now rather than later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [10.2 New Features]
- Page 3 [10.2 New Features - Continued]
- Page 4 [10.3 New Features - Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz