One of the first features that will be implemented into the 10.2s is that CrossFire profiles will now be removed from the 3D Driver and be in a separate update. The idea behind this is that if a new game comes out, the team at ATI can knock together a profiles update so that CrossFire performs at its peak sooner rather than later.
While the team at ATI already work hard at this, the idea is you'll not have to wait up to a month for the CrossFire performance boost. If we go into a busy stretch of games, it's more than possible that we could see the profiles updated multiple times in a single month.
So while it's not a new feature as such, ATI are reworking the way they do it to make gaming faster and more enjoyable for its CrossFire users sooner rather than later which is fantastic for anyone who has spent the money on an expensive CrossFire or CrossFireX setup.
This is a bit of a funny one. While the technology will be implemented now, it's not something that you'll find yourself using anytime soon. None the less, it's still an important introduction.
The idea behind the redesign of the CrossFireX architecture is that when the new Fusion based APU's come out, users will be able to (hopefully) combine the IGP with a discrete video card.
There's so much more to it, though. ATI will be pulling the Multi-GPU code from the driver and making its own component which is all part of the redesign of it. It's clear that the focus in the future is to take CrossFire to the next level when it comes to performance.
While we've seen it for a while, the 10.2 release will mark official support for the technology. What it does is fairly obvious; it now gives users the ability to run Eyefinity with a CrossFire or CrossFireX setup, letting you enjoy the power that a Multi-GPU setup gives on a multi monitor setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [10.2 New Features]
- Page 3 [10.2 New Features - Continued]
- Page 4 [10.3 New Features - Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced