We can connect PC's together using standard 6 pin connectors (right) or the smaller 4 pin ones (left) as shown in the picture below
The particular cable I used has a 5 metre length, which exceeds the specifications by 0.5 metres. Even so, I had no problems using it for my test. Increasing the cable length will decrease the connect speed to 200 or 100Mbps, or result in a loss of connectivity.
Connecting a number of computers together involves a daisy chain situation similar to SCSI, but without the hassle of terminators or having to set device ID's.
There are also Firewire hubs available that can be used to connect devices, particularly useful for connecting PC's that have only one Firewire port.
Because Firewire devices run asynchronously, they can be running 100Mbps, 200Mbps and 400Mbps all on the same chain at the same time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz