The latest driver version from ATI is a pretty good one. We've got a cross between some nice little performance gains and similar results. As long as we're not moving backwards, it's always a good thing.
If you throw in the fact that you get the normal array of bug fixes, you've got a worthwhile upgrade from the previous driver or any driver before that. Aside from these improvements and fixes, we can also see looking through the release notes that ATI have implemented some new features.
We've got DirectCompute 10.1 support on the HD 4800 and HD 4700 series while also being supported in CrossFireX form. Also included is OpenGL 3.2 extension support on most models ranging from the HD 2000 series to the latest HD 5800 ones.
If you want to learn more about some of this technology, I recommend that you head on over to a recent article Sean did here.
Some good gains, bug fixes and some new features mean this is a driver you should be installing, especially if you're the owner of a HD 5000 series card.
Until next month, may all your frame rates be high and your games good fun! Oh, and have a Great Christmas / Holidays and Happy New Year.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard