Features of the 8IGX - The Value Market Board
The layout of the 8IGX motherboard is not that dis-similar to that of the 8IEXP. Using the same 1/6/1 (AGP/PCI/Riser) layout, you might be mistaken for thinking that this board is aimed at the enthusiast, which it isn't. The power connectors on the 8IGX are identical to the 8IEXP so the same issues with the four pin connector arise here, as well. The 23 pin on the other hand is perfectly placed behind the FDD and media card ports in the upper right hand corner of the board.
Gigabyte have chosen the Intel I845G chipset paired with the ICH4 to power the 9IGX motherboard. That gives us 533FSB, DDR-266 memory support, AGP4x and USB 2.0 along with the Intel Extreme Graphics built into the Northbridge. While the Intel I845G does support DDR-333 unofficially (we saw this in our EPoX 4G4A+ review), Gigabyte haven't enabled the support for it, most likely due to this board being more focused towards being a value board than most other I845G boards on the market.
Dual BIOS - Even for The Value Board
This is nice to see, even on a value motherboard Gigabyte is adding its Dual BIOS technology. As we mentioned earlier, this comes in handy if you accidentally destroy your main BIOS by a bad flash or loss of power during the update process.
Smart Media Interfaces
For a value board, it does come equipped with one optional extra - Three Smartmedia ports. These ports are controlled by the Winbond SuperIO controller. This controller allows you to connect MMC, Memory Stick and Sim Card Readers to the motherboard. While the connectors are there, you don't get the interfaces for it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 1 [Introductions]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 3 [8IEXP Features]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 4 [8IGX Features]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 5 [Overclocking and Installation]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System and Snadra]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 8 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 10 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr brings dragons back to Tamriel
- EA cancels new Star Wars game, disrupts release timeline
- New Evil Dead game still happening
- Digital-only Xbox One may have pre-loaded services, games
- Xbox Game Pass is wildly successful
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- Z390 Taichi Error Code 99 and A2
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio