OCZ Technology - Going Beyond a Rebadge
OCZ Technology has led the charge for consumer solid state drives. No other company has released so many different SSD products in the two years that I have been covering the market. Currently the OCZ website shows nine different product names that are currently available and several others that have passed EOL (End of Life). This is a staggering number and something that we couldn't overlook in the State of Solid State II.
Recently it has come to light that OCZ has been working closely with Indilinx. Of the nine current life SSDs OCZ offers, six are based on the Indilinx Barefoot controller, so it is of little surprise to see the two companies working so closely together. To date, OCZ has been the first to release any new firmware updates for Indilinx controlled drives; they have also been a leader in distributing beta firmware for end users to use.
OCZ sells some of the most advanced Barefoot SSDs on the market. The Vertex EX drive appears to be a cut above all other Barefoot drives since it uses very fast single level cell memory that also extends the drives overall life. The Agility EX is also an SLC drive and a very close cousin to the Vertex EX.
The OCZ Technology forum is also a great place to start if you are researching solid state drives since it has one of the largest user groups to date.
OCZ Technology has also announced they will be publically displaying next generation products based on Marvell technology at CES 2010.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Opening the Data Highway]
- Page 3 [Seagate - Welcome to the Party Pal]
- Page 4 [Indilinx - Setting the Pace, Slow but Steady]
- Page 5 [Marvell - The New Hope]
- Page 6 [NAND Flash - The Other Half of the Story]
- Page 7 [OCZ Technology - Going Beyond a Rebadge]
- Page 8 [PCIe SSDs - The Honorable Mentions]
- Page 9 [Pricing - SSDs True Benchmark]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz