OCZ Technology - Going Beyond a Rebadge
OCZ Technology has led the charge for consumer solid state drives. No other company has released so many different SSD products in the two years that I have been covering the market. Currently the OCZ website shows nine different product names that are currently available and several others that have passed EOL (End of Life). This is a staggering number and something that we couldn't overlook in the State of Solid State II.
Recently it has come to light that OCZ has been working closely with Indilinx. Of the nine current life SSDs OCZ offers, six are based on the Indilinx Barefoot controller, so it is of little surprise to see the two companies working so closely together. To date, OCZ has been the first to release any new firmware updates for Indilinx controlled drives; they have also been a leader in distributing beta firmware for end users to use.
OCZ sells some of the most advanced Barefoot SSDs on the market. The Vertex EX drive appears to be a cut above all other Barefoot drives since it uses very fast single level cell memory that also extends the drives overall life. The Agility EX is also an SLC drive and a very close cousin to the Vertex EX.
The OCZ Technology forum is also a great place to start if you are researching solid state drives since it has one of the largest user groups to date.
OCZ Technology has also announced they will be publically displaying next generation products based on Marvell technology at CES 2010.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Opening the Data Highway]
- Page 3 [Seagate - Welcome to the Party Pal]
- Page 4 [Indilinx - Setting the Pace, Slow but Steady]
- Page 5 [Marvell - The New Hope]
- Page 6 [NAND Flash - The Other Half of the Story]
- Page 7 [OCZ Technology - Going Beyond a Rebadge]
- Page 8 [PCIe SSDs - The Honorable Mentions]
- Page 9 [Pricing - SSDs True Benchmark]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- GeForce/Radeon GPUs shipments expected to drop by a huge 40%
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- Samsung's new 34-foot Onyx: portable 4K cinema screens
- New Dragon Age could be mainline sequel
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit