One hundred and fifty litres of Liquid Nitrogen, one dead 5870 and countless hours later, my score of P24486 held up to the competition. It was a most enjoyable event that saw the 5870 Single Card World Record broken by no less than four competitors, which is great considering the CPU clock restriction. It was also good to see from a cross selection of 5870s that a fair percentage were capable of hitting up to and over 1300MHz on the core (when appropriate cooling is utilized).
After the highest score was posted by "Pro" with approximately one day to go, it was quite nerve wracking to see if my backup would hold up to any last minute submissions, as I was unable to launch a counter attack if needed. As it turned out, there was no need to worry, as the only submission to come after that was from myself with approximately five minutes to go, when I posted my highest score.
I would like to thank Vince "Kingpin" Lucido for hosting the competition and putting up such a wonderful prize, MSI and ASUS for supplying hardware, and congratulations to everyone that took part in achieving such a high standard of results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Components]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Results - Yours Truly]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup & Results - Chispy]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup & Results - Expat GriZ]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup & Results - Andre]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup & Results - xoqolatl]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup & Results - Pro]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- GeForce/Radeon GPUs shipments expected to drop by a huge 40%
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- Samsung's new 34-foot Onyx: portable 4K cinema screens
- New Dragon Age could be mainline sequel
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit