Test System Setup - Deanzo
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage II Extreme (Supplied by ASUS)
Graphics Card: MSI 5870 (Supplied by MSI)
Cooling CPU: Dragon F1 Extreme Edition (KINGPIN COOLING)
Cooling GPU: Tek9 3.0 (KINGPIN COOLING)
Memory: OCZ Blades 2000MHz CAS7 (OCZ)
Hard Disk: 320GB Seagate (Seagate)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit RC7100
Drivers: ATI 9:11 WHQL - FM Approved
With the card running at stock speeds of 850MHz/1200MHz (core/memory) and the CPU overclock to just under the restriction, this produced a score of P17714.
Changing a setting or two and overclocking the MSI 5870 to 1380MHz/1350MHz produced a score of P24486.
Overall, I'm reasonably happy with my result. The MSI 5870 overclocked to a very respectable 1380MHz/1350MHz (core /memory), which enabled me to pass the world record at the start of this competition of P23444 by 1042 Marks, even with a capped CPU. Unfortunately it wasn't without incident.
While trying to obtain a run at 1400MHz/1350MHz (core/memory), the card gave in under the strain of the clocks and voltages that I was utilising. This is a risk that all serious overclockers understand and have to take.
Now, let's see how well the competition did and if my score holds up to the onslaught.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Components]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Results - Yours Truly]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup & Results - Chispy]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup & Results - Expat GriZ]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup & Results - Andre]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup & Results - xoqolatl]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup & Results - Pro]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Possible Nintendo Direct in Feb, Super Smash Bros on Switch
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 845 headset cranks VR at 120FPS
- Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo: next-gen wireless earbuds
- Fortnite v3.0.0 patch has Turbo Building feature, much more
- Samsung plans new 7nm plant to better fight TSMC
- Seagate IronWolf 12TB HDD Review
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit