Darkest of Days
Darkest of Days takes the player through time into historic battles in an effort to save key individuals from certain death. The battles range from Custer's Last Stand at the Battle of the Little Bighorn in 1876 to fighting in Pompeii as ash and fire rain down from an erupting Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD. Other locations include the battles of Antietam and Tannenberg, and a German World War II P.O.W. camp. There are different missions in every time period and the game takes about 4 hours to complete.
The game features over twenty weapons, both from the original time period as well as those brought back from the future. In addition, there are artillery weapons from different time periods to assist in battle.
Note: With the PhysX set to Medium or High, Darkest of Days takes advantage of the NVIDIA PhysX abilities. For that reason we will test ATI cards at the Low preset, while NVIDIA based cards will be tested at Low and High.
PhysX set to Low
Darkest of Days is pretty intensive and as we mentioned before, with no minimum we want to see an average of around 60 FPS. Again, the Palit manages to pull out the win due to its highest clock speeds. You're going to want to drop the detail back a bit on all models, however.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Palit GT 240 1GB Sonic]
- Page 3 [Galaxy GT 240 512MB]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE GT 240 512MB]
- Page 5 [AXLE GT 240 512MB]
- Page 6 [TwinTech GT 240 512MB]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10)]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends wall running, Titan mechs possibly on the way
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure