World in Conflict
Darkest of Days takes the player through time into historic battles in an effort to save key individuals from certain death. The battles range from Custer's Last Stand at the Battle of the Little Bighorn in 1876 to fighting in Pompeii as ash and fire rain down from an erupting Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD. Other locations include the battles of Antietam and Tannenberg, and a German World War II P.O.W. camp. There are different missions in every time period and the game takes about 4 hours to complete.
The game features over twenty weapons, both from the original time period as well as those brought back from the future. In addition, there are artillery weapons from different time periods to assist in battle.
Note: With the PhysX set to Medium or High Darkest of Days take advantage of the NVIDIA PhysX abilities. For that reason we will test ATI cards at the Low preset, NVIDIA based cards though will be tested at Low and High.
PhysX set to Low w/out PhysX based Card
Darkest of Days doesn't seem to be getting any use out of the CrossFireX configuration. We can see the score is almost identical between the two setups. At the lower resolution the CFX setup is actually just ever so slightly slower.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Video Card]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- is a supplement this is
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card