There has been a lot of press on the P55 and Lynnfield as a whole; for the most part it has been good. However, there will always be bad with the good.
Recently I read that there are people that are concerned by bandwidth limitations built into the DMI on the P55. The major concern is that it is not "future proof". Well okay, nothing is you can use this argument against anything in the technology world. Simple put in all of the tinkering and testing I have run, I have not seen any mainstream application that can impact the bandwidth available with the P55 and Lynnfield. Notice that I said mainstream; that is because this is what P55 and Lynnfield are for.
Yes, I can bury the board and CPUs under the load of a 60 frame LightWave 3D 4k render. But if you are looking to run LightWave renders you are more than likely not looking at P55 and Lynnfield to do this type of work. P55 is aimed squarely at the hearts, minds and wallets of the mainstream user.
Intel has included a high-end to this segment that overlaps existing CPUs (most of which are going to be EOL'd soon) but this is to give the mainstream market a viable upper level without forcing them into the much higher priced Core i7 9xx series and X58 boards.
In short P55 coupled with Lynnfield represents an important step in Nehalem's growth. It offers the performance benefits of Nehalem at an easy to reach price-point. The FDI and DMI setups allows for great flexibility with what this platform is capable of and what we can expect from Intel and the new Core line-up in the future. I have to say I am impressed with this new design, not only for the performance that it is capable of at the price/power it requires, but also for the possibilities it offers for future development.
For the first time in a long time, I am excited about future CPUs and chipsets.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- PUBG's 'Event Mode' will have rotating game types and modes
- Custom Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons will come with a D-pad
- Nintendo debut eShop sale in North America and Europe
- Dying in Sea of Thieves will soon cost you in-game gold
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit