When it comes to having a look at pure CPU performance, it seems that Windows 7 isn't quite as efficient as Windows Vista. As for memory, though, there isn't a whole lot of difference. On the down side you're not going to be breaking any wPrime records under Windows 7 for the moment.
On the other hand, while the CPU scores are lower, when it comes to graphics card performance we can tell from our previous articles that Windows 7 does a good job of keeping up with the older and more mature operating system; it coming out in front at times and sometimes falling slightly back.
What we're seeing today doesn't turn us off Windows 7 one bit. Once a bit of time has gone past there's no doubt we'll see CPU performance come up to or overtake that of Windows Vista. This should also result in slightly better graphics card numbers and anything else that benefits from more CPU power.
There's no reason to not be excited about Windows 7; it's the upgrade that Vista probably should have been. With that said, though, if Vista hadn't existed, then it's possible that W7 wouldn't be as good as it is now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Oculus founder has a new company, working on VR still
- Intel Core i7-8700K overclocked reaches 4.8GHz on air
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM