If you're happy with the overall graphics card performance you receive from Windows Vista, but think it's time to jump on the new Windows 7 bandwagon, you can know that you're not going to be disappointed with low frame rates in the newly released operating system.
When Vista launched it was nice to have all those new bells and whistles. The problem was that if you were a gamer you would quickly find yourself greeted with BSODs, random crashing and poor FPS. Out of the gate we don't have this issue with Windows 7; the only notable problem we did have was when we tried to run the FC2 Benchmark Tool from the desktop shortcut created, it would just crash instead of opening. If you went directly into the FC2 folder, however, and ran it there, the program would run without an issue.
There's going to be some teething issues from the operating system, no matter what. Some of those problems are going to be for the game creators to fix, though. For the most part we love the operating system and we love the fact that we can get straight into it and not have to worry about losing precious FPS in our favorite games.
The fact that our performance is very similar now hopefully means that as time goes on driver companies are going to be able to really harness the power of Windows 7 and offer us even more performance than we see here today.
If you do have a problem with a game in the final OEM build of Windows 7, make sure you drop us a line in the forums so other people know. Of course, we only test a few of the thousands of games that are out there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz