Boot Up and Shut Down Time
In our final test we thought it would be interesting to time just how long it takes for Windows 7 Ultimate x64 to boot up and also shut down.
We have even recorded a short video to show the incredible boot and shut down performance of all four Kingston X25-E SSD drives in RAID 0 with the Areca controller. Watch it below:
Damn cool, huh?
Above you get a look at the actual times in seconds for each SSD setup.
Keep in mind that the Areca controller is actually quite slow at initializing and we hope that they can work on the time that it takes during POST.
Once the POST is complete though, it's amazing to see how Windows 7 was able to load with these four SSDs in RAID 0. If you take a close look at the video we uploaded above, it takes about 8 - 9 seconds from the end of the POST screen to when the hour glass stops loading on the desktop.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Used for the Job]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Boot Up and Shut Down Time]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz