Boot Up and Shut Down Time
In our final test we thought it would be interesting to time just how long it takes for Windows 7 Ultimate x64 to boot up and also shut down.
We have even recorded a short video to show the incredible boot and shut down performance of all four Kingston X25-E SSD drives in RAID 0 with the Areca controller. Watch it below:
Damn cool, huh?
Above you get a look at the actual times in seconds for each SSD setup.
Keep in mind that the Areca controller is actually quite slow at initializing and we hope that they can work on the time that it takes during POST.
Once the POST is complete though, it's amazing to see how Windows 7 was able to load with these four SSDs in RAID 0. If you take a close look at the video we uploaded above, it takes about 8 - 9 seconds from the end of the POST screen to when the hour glass stops loading on the desktop.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Used for the Job]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Boot Up and Shut Down Time]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- GeForce/Radeon GPUs shipments expected to drop by a huge 40%
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- Samsung's new 34-foot Onyx: portable 4K cinema screens
- New Dragon Age could be mainline sequel
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit